April 13, 2013
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets in Portsmouth. Sunday, April 14, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk and Juice are served in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, April 14, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship with Pastor Brian bringing the message. Sunday, April 14, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church. Stephanie Bailey and Erica Kegley are the Children’s Church Workers today.
Sunday, April 14, 6 p.m. - ReCap, Sunday, April 14 - 17 is Revival at Sciotoville Church of the Nazarene at 7 p.m. each night. Chad Sebright is the special speaker. Monday, April 15, 6:30 p.m. - Community Men’s Prayer Meeting at New Boston Nazarene Fellowship Hall. Tuesday, April 16, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed. Wednesday, April 17, 6 p.m. - Prayer/Share
Wednesday, April 17, 6 p.m. - Ten:10 Student Ministries for grades 6 - 12. Join us on Wednesday Nights as we study, “THE MIGHTY JUDGES OF uh, the book of Judges.” Wednesday, April 17, 6 p.m. - Kool Skool for Kidz for grades K - 5. Thursday, April 18, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed.
• Berean Baptist Church, 5526 Winchester Ave. Sciotoville, Dr. Fred Mann will be teaching the Auditorium Class and also bringing the message in the morning worship service on Sunday, April 14. Rev. Tim Goodwin will be bringing the message in the evening worship service with baptism to follow. This will be the first day as the new Pastor for Tim Goodwin. He and his wife, Christy, and their three children are from Graniteville, SC and will be residing in the church parsonage.
• The ladies group Helping Hands of the First Church of Christ will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 18, at the church annex, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg. Sharon Ward will have the devotions. Those who will be attending are asked to bring a snack for refreshments.
Members and guests of Christians on Local Tours (COLTS) will meet for lunch and their meeting at noon Tuesday, April 16, at Ponderosa, Ohio River Road, Wheelersburg. Anyone age 55 and over is invited to attend.
For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be led in their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday April 14 by Stacie Stephens who will develop the weekly church theme of “Be God’s Instrument” with Priest Carol McGraw bringing forth the music. The service will include testimonies of outreach beyond our congregation. Children’s church will also begin at 10:30 AM. This is Subway Sunday when the saints go marching into the West Portsmouth Subway around 9:30 AM for fellowship before Morning Worship.
• McDermott Community of Christ will have the Church School service Sunday at 9:30am with Elder Mike and Linda Orin in charge of morning devotions. The worship service will begin at 10:45am with Priest Rhonda Morkassel presiding over the service, and Priest Wanda Joslin giving the sermon. Children’s ministry will be given by Rhonda Morkassel. Ministry of music will be by Elder Pete Coburn, and Barbara Koch will be pianist for the service. Wednesday evening prayer service will be held at 7pm with Deacon Martha Ball presiding and theme by Evelyn Blair. A free lunch is served at the church every Thursday from 11am to 1 pm.
• North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Children’s Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
• Community of Christ, Thomas Hollow Rd. Lucasville, will have Priest Rhonda Webb presenting the Morning Message during the Worship Service at 10:30 a.m. The theme for Sunday, April 14 is “Be God’s Instrument.” Teacher Paula Bramblett will preside at the Worship Service. Coffee/Donuts - 9:30 am, Sunday School 9:45 a.m., Worship Service 10:30 a.m. Wednesday Night Service - 6:00 p.m., Ladies Prayer Service 2nd Wed. of month, and “Adult Night Out” 3rd Monday of Month.
• Rev. Harold Berrian, District Superintendent of the Eastern Kentucky District of the Church of the Nazarene will preach revival at the South Shore First Church of the Nazarene, 356 Roberson Drive, South Shore, Ky on April 12,13 and 14.
• Rarden Church of the Nazarene will hold revival services Sunday night April 28 at 6 p.m. Mon. April 29 thru Wed. May 1 at 7 p.m. nightly with Rev. Tim Throckmorton. The church is located at St. Rt. 73 in Rarden, Ohio.
• Pleasant Valley Community of Christ, 723 Sedan Crabtree Road, Lucasville will be holding services on Sunday, April 14 with Ed Crabtree as the mornings speaker talking on the theme “Be God’s Instrument.” Services start at 10:30 a.m.