June 1, 2013
• Franklin Furnace First Church of God will observe their annual Homecoming service on June 2. Sunday School will begin at 9:30am, with Worship Service at 10:30am, and a potluck meal at noon. Rev. Jim Benner is the guest speaker and Covered by Love will be the special singers. The activities will continue after the meal with special music provided by the Covered by Love and Henry & Maggie Burchett. The church is located at 466 Maynard Avenue, Franklin Furnace Ohio. Everyone is welcome. Please call 740-821-1127 for more information.
• The Lucasville Community of Christ will be observing the “Sacrament of Communion” on Sunday June 2, with Elder Bob Rickman presiding over the service. The Theme is “Glorify God” with Teacher Brandon Harbolt bringing the morning message. Worship Service begins at 10:30 a.m.. We will begin our services with a few minutes of Fellowship at 9:30 a.m., Sunday School - 9:45 a.m..
Wednesday Evening Service - 6:00 p.m., Ladies Prayer Circle - 2nd Wednesday of the month, and the Adult Night Out Group will meet the 3rd Monday of each month.
The Church is located at 1392 Thomas Hollow Road. Pastor Carolyn Crabtree.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be under the guest ministry of Elder Jeannette Rachford at their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Communion Service on Sunday June 2. Elder Vicki Crabtree will develop the weekly church theme of “Glorify God” with Teacher Luanne Day in charge of music for the service. Children’s Church, led by Priest Kim Green, will also begin at 10:30 AM.
• Berean Baptist Church, Special music will be provided by The Stevens Family in the morning worship service and an alto sax solo by Adam Porter in the evening worship service on Sunday, June 2. Recognition will be given to Tom and Patty Johnson, celebrating their 47th anniversary on June 3, Harold and Naomi Vallandingham, celebrating their 36th anniversary on June 3, Bob and Judy Lawson, celebrating their 48th anniversary on June 5, Ron and Cheryl Rinehart, celebrating their 38th anniversary on June 6 and Jack and Linda Woodring celebrating their 17th anniversary on June 8. Special birthday recognition will be given to Elsie Spradlin, celebrating her 98th birthday on June 2. Missionaries of the week are Jon and Patty Hutchins, serving in Brazil and supported by Berean since August 2003. Church Camp in the “Wilds” will be June 10 thru June 15. Another group of young people will be attending church camp at Appalachian Bible Camp in Beckley, WV. The board meeting will be held on Monday, June 17 at 6:30 p.m. and also a baby shower will be held at the church for Alicia Porter on Monday, June 17. Crown College singing group will be in the evening service on Sunday, June 30.
• Pleasant Valley Community of Christ, 723 Sedan Crabtree Road, Lucasville will be holding services on Sunday, June 2nd. Worship service begins at 10:30 a.m. The theme ” Glorify God ” Pleasant Valley Community of Christ will be having its Bible School June 3-7 from 6:30-8:30pm Ages 4-14 are invited to participate at the 723 Sedan Crabtree Road location off SR 348. The theme this year will be Hope is …Reaching For Rainbows Pleasant Valley Community of Christ will be
hosting a songfest to support the Local Food Pantry on June 29th, starting at 11 am. Meals will be available. To donate food or to sing, contact
Lillian (740-259-4873) or Kathy (740-372-5901).
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets, in Portsmouth, Sunday, June 2, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk and Juice are served in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, June 2, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship with Pastor Brian bringing the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. Sunday, June 2, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church with Pastor Kelly Daniels and Michelle Orlett as our volunteers today.
• Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding services on Sunday June 2 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening services at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. On June 8 will be holding a large Yard Sale which the profit will benefit the Women’s holiday food program.
• The ladies of the First Church of Christ meets for Bible study at 9:30 a.m. every Tuesday at the annex, 1224 Dogwood Ridge, Wheelersburg. Any lady who would like to join the ladies is invited to attend. The annual yard sale will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 1, on the church parking lot. The sale will be held rain or shine, and some of the items will include clothing, furniture, games, a television, exercise bike and toys. The carry-in all church picnic will be at noon Saturday, June 8, at the shelterhouse behind the church building. For more information about these events or the church, call (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
• North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
• Victory Chapel C.C.C.U., 4449 Millers Run Fallen Timber Road, Lucasville will hold Homecoming services on June 7 &8 at 7 p.m. and 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. on June 9. the speaker will be the Rev. Fred Bales.
• White Gravel Community Church, 4979 White Gravel Road, Minford, Ohio will hold services on Sunday, june 2nd with Sunday morning services starting at 10 a.m. and Sunday evening services at 6 p.m.