The Wheelersburg Local School District Board of Education met in regular session on February 22, 2016.
Special Recognition was given to:
* Wheelersburg Middle School 5th & 6th Grade Quiz Bowl team
* Wheelersburg Middle School 7th & 8th Grade Quiz Bowl team
* Wheelersburg High School Quiz Bowl team
Minutes from the January 14, 2016 Organizational Meeting and Regular Board Meeting and the February 8, 2016 Special Meeting were approved.
Treasurer’s recommendations included the following:
* Approval of the January 2016 Financial Reports
* Accepted donations from the American Dairy Association Mideast, Kaye Schwamberger, Deena Armstrong, Donna Cunningham, Betty Lawless, Deborah Marinski, WHS Girls’ Soccer Team, Chris Eaton, Ison Excavating, WHS Cheerleaders, Minford HS Soccer Team, Deanna Parsley, Robert Hurley, James & Steph Pauley, Kimberly Tolle, Green High School, Edward & Pamela Mault, Paul & Rita Boggs, William Wray Bevens, Rick & Deanna Warner, George Grice, Joyce Accoe, Carrie Neumann, Mark & Mary Beth Knapp, Lori Mullins, Lori Suter, Jackie Martin, Lisa Moore, Natalie Eaton, Brent Eaton, Jill Preston, Toni Gill, Kim White, Jim & Brenda Preston, Becky Jackson, Susan Sheipes, Cindy Myers, Rob Woodward & Family, Melody Williams, Irma Switalski, Bill Nichols, Nichole Hicks, Dana Whitt, Jacqueline Nolan, Matt Schwamberger, Cindy Brown, Kim McCoy Davis, Northwest High School, Nancy Nickell, Ironton Girls’ Basketball Team, Jerry Evans/Benefit Concert, Tim & Karen Wagner, Kim & Chris Zornes, David Hopper, Valley Middle School Athletic Fund
* Approval of Amended Certificate of Estimated Resources
* Approval of Amended Appropriations
* Approval of two Purchase Orders
Superintendent’s recommendations included the following:
* Employment of substitute teachers
* Approval of 2016-2017 School Calendar
* Approval of Interdistrict Open Enrollment
* Approval of Volunteers
* Authorization of a Contract
* Approval of a Contract
* Employment of Supplemental Duty Personnel
Old Business of the Board:
* Second reading and adoption of the following Board Policy:
GCBC-R, Professional Staff Fringe Benefits
The next Board of Education meeting will be held March 28, 2016 at 6:00 PM at the Board Office on Center Street.