The Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities met in regular session on March 17, 2016 at STAR, Inc. In addition to routine business, the Board took the following actions:
· Approved two Direct Service Contract
· Received a report from the Facilities Committee Chair regarding the anticipated bid for the roof replacement project at the Carousel Center
· Authorized Superintendent Monroe to oversee the implementation of the Capital Improvement Plan, for improvements in all buildings.
· Received 26 Personnel Policies for review, to be approved (as applicable) at the next regular meeting.
· Approved the Board receiving new policies each month to be reviewed and approved at the following month’s meeting.
· Received an update on Early Intervention and Preschool from Director Tammy Nelson.
· Approved an addition of a full time position of Developmental Specialist to the Table of Organization
· Adopted Resolution 2016-3.01 Regarding the Discontinuation of Preschool Services beginning with the 2016-2017 school year.
The next meeting of the Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities is set for Thursday, April 21 2016 at 6:00 P.M. at STAR, 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth. An Ethics Committee meeting will be held the same day and in the same building at 5:45 P.M. if there is a need. Meetings of the Board and its sub-committees are open to the public, with the exception of Executive Session.