The Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities met in regular session on September 15, 2016 at STAR, Inc. In addition to routine business, the Board took the following actions:
· Received updates from Superintendent regarding the Open Meetings Act and Sunshine Laws and on the Ball vs Kasich lawsuit.
· Approved two Direct Service Contracts
· The Superintendent announced SCBDD had received the three year accreditation certificate from CARF.
· Approved four revised policies and approved one policy for abolishment.
· Approved the National Express bus route for the 2016-2017 school year.
· Approved updated Table of Organization
· Approved STAR contract addendum.
The next meeting of the Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities is set for Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 6:00 P.M. at STAR, 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth. An Ethics Committee meeting will be held the same day at 5:45 P.M. if there is a need. Meetings of the Board and its sub-committees are open to the public, with the exception of Executive Session.