The New Boston Board of Education met in regular session on September 12 and took action on the following itmes;
1. Approved bills paid, investment report, financial report and bank reconciliation for August 2013.
2. Recognized Isaac Dever for superior rating at State Science Fair.
3. Employed substitute teachers.
4. Employed tutors for 2013 – 2014: Brian Daniels, Genevieve Dixon, Casey Conley, Joey Hacker and Greg Williams.
5. Approved administrative handbooks.
6. Approved preschool handbook.
7. Recognized Beth Hannah as Junior High quiz Bowl sponsor.
8. Recognized Greg Williams as 5th and 6th grade quiz bowl sponsor.
9. Employed after school mall staff for 2013 – 2014 school year.
10. Employed Donnie Stapleton as LPDC member for 2013-2014, 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 school years.
11. Recognized Kiersten McGraw as Miss Congeniality 2013.
12. Discussed the sign, scanner for cafeteria, lobby guard, local assessments and pre-school.
The New Boston Board of Education will have a meeting on Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.