• Christ United Methodist Church will be holding services on Sunday, Oct. 27 starting at 9:30 a.m. with Sunday Worship and 11 a.m. for Sunday School. On Monday, Oct. 28th the church will offer a turkey dinner from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
• Otway Community Church will be having a Christmas Bazaar on Nov. 2 with free gift wrapping and a Chicken & Noodle Dinner atarting at 10:30 a.m. and doors open at 9 a.m.
• Christian Outreach Center a non-profit 501(c)3 organization of people helping people located at 1525 Poplar Street in Portsmouth, is having a basement sale offering thousands of items at low prices. The sale will take place on Saturday, Nov. 2 from 10 to 3 pm. Proceeds from the event will help to fund repairs to existing facilities.
* Stoney Run Free Will Baptist Church Ladies will be holding a Craft Bazaar on November 1 and 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Christmas ornaments, pillows, dolls, candy, and many other items for sale. The church is located at 1001 Stoney Run Road, West Portsmouth.
* McDermott Community of Christ will be continuing the Congregational Story series at the 9:30am service on Sunday.
The 10:45 worship service will be presided over by Priest Jeff Buffinger and Priest Wanda Joslin will be the speaker. Barbara Koch will have the children’s ministry, and ministry of music will be by Megan Smith. The time for the Wednesday prayer service will be changed to 6pm for the fall and winter months. A free lunch is served every Thursday from 11am to 1pm.
*The Lucasville Community of Christ, Thomas Hollow Rd., will hold services on Sunday October 27. Gathering for worship: 9:30 a.m. Sunday School: 9:45 a.m. Worship Service: 10:30 a.m. The Theme for Sunday’s Worship Service is “Serve Humbly”, with Elder Lenora Webb bringing the Morning Message. Deacon Margie Lute will preside over the 10:30 a.m. service. Wednesday Evening Service - 6:00 p.m., “Annual Bazaar” will be held on Nov. 7th and 8th.
* Come out and support St John’s Lutheran Church November 2nd 9am-3pm. Get some Christmas shopping done early. We will have lots of vendors, crafts and food.We also have baskets and a quilt to raffle. We will have vendors with a variety of crafts and independent consultants for Tastefully Simple, Thirty One, Scentsy, Vault Denim, Origami Owl, Pampered chef, Stampin’ up,Tupperware, Avon, It works!, Mary Kay, Hair Bows, Flower arrangements, and much much more. St. John’s Lutheran Church 5600 Jr. Furnace Powellsville Rd, Franklin Furnace, Oh 45629. For more information please call 740-574-8208.
* Plymouth Heights Church of the Nazarene, 25 Arnett Drive (behind Green High School), Franklin Furnace, Ohio will host an Old Farm Fest on Saturday, November 2, 2013, Noon - 3:00 PM. Activities include a hog roast with beans and cornbread, an auction, inflatables, games, and more. There will also be special singing. Cost of attending the event is $10.00. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door. 100% of the Proceeds will go to purchase gifts and meals for needy families in the area. To purchase a ticket or for further information call 740-354-9021.
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be led in their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday October 27 by Teacher Luanne Day who will develop the weekly world church theme of “Serve Humbly”. Priest Carol McGraw will be in charge of music for the service. Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM with Jessica Lincecum leading the youth.
* North Moreland Christian Baptist Church. Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
* Berean Baptist Church, 5526 Winchester Ave., Sciotoville, Pastor Tim Goodwin will be preaching in both the a.m. and p.m. services on Sunday, October 27. Communion in the morning worship service. Special music by Beverly Seeley and Bryan and Kristi Vallandingham. Special missionaries of the week are Dan and Sharon Roberts, serving in Japan and supported by Berean since July 1990. October 31 will be the 4th Annual Fall Festival “Truth and Treat Night”. Special fun and surprises with door prizes for parents; free hotdogs and candy; bouncy house; hayrides; obstacle course and games. Registration at the door. Special music by the Fisherman Quartet from Tennessee.
* Tim Yankey, executive director of Howell’s Mills Christian Assembly in Ona, W.Va., will be the guest speaker at 10:30 a.m. worship service on Sunday, Oct. 27, at the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg. He will give an update on the camp. Howell’s Mill Christian Assembly is operated as a non-profit 501-3c camp owned and supported by the Christian Church and Churches of Christ in the tri-state area. HMCA opened in 1948 and was bought by the churches in 1960. This year they are celebrating 53 years of summer camp and full-time camp ministry to the area. HMCA strives to promote the spiritual, social, and educational welfare of each camper in a safe, friendly, Christian atmosphere. Sunday school for all ages will stat at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Randy Wickham, minister, will be preaching during the 6 p.m. worship service Sunday, Oct. 27. Ladies Bible study will be 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at the church annex. For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
* Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, located at Third and Brown Streets, Sunday, October 27, 9:30 a.m. - Prayer time in the Sanctuary. Sunday, October 27, 10 a.m. - Bible Discovery Class - There is a class for every age from Nursery through Senior Adult. Sunday, October 27, 11: a.m. - 2::30 p.m. - Homecoming Sunday! Pastor Brad Harris will be speaking. Crimson River, The Liddle Family, The Smith Family and Bob Daniels will be singing.
* Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. in Rubyville will be holding services on Sunday October 27 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening service at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. we will be studying Luke in the Bible. Bob Davis Pastor.
* Light the Night will be held in the parking lot of Nauvoo United Methodist Church (1403 5th street, West Portsmouth) on October 31, 2013 from 5:30-7:00pm. Hot dogs, drinks, a bible and other treats will be passed out to all children who attend. If it rains it will be moved to the church basement. Please join us for fun and fellowship! Any questions call 740-858-2621.