* Christ United Methodist Church, 5731 Gallia Street Portsmouth, Sunday Worship at 9:30 a.m. with a message by Pastor John Richards. Sunday School follows at 11:00 a.m. Sunday 2:00 p.m.- Homecoming and Welcome to the New Pastor Picnic at Blume & Jenkins Campsites on Northwood Street in Franklin Furnace, Ohio.
* Rase Martin will be the guest speaker for the 10:30 a.m. worship service Sunday, June 22, 2014, at the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg. Sunday school will begin at 9:30 a.m., and evening worship will start at 6. Ladies praise, prayer and Bible Study will begin at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 8. Hoyt Allen will lead devotions at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 9, at River Bend House in Wheelersburg. Praise, Prayer and Bible Study will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 25, at the church. For more information about these events or the church, please call the church office at (740) 574-5031.
* McDermott Community of Christ will have a Communion Service at 10:45 on Sunday with Elder Rhonda Morkassel presiding. The theme is “Come and find rest.” Erica Eddleman will have the Children’s ministry. Barb Koch will be pianist for the service and Erica Eddleman will give the ministry of music. Prior to the communion service, Church School will begin at 9:30am with Elder Pete and Pauline Coburn having the worship, followed by classes. Prayer meeting will be held Wednesday evening at the home of Elder Rhonda Morkassel and she will be giving the theme. A free lunch is served every Thursday at the church between 11am and 1pm.
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will partake of Holy Communion and be under the guest ministry of Cheryl Browning from the Jackson Community of Christ during their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday July 6. Deacon Vicki Allen will develop the weekly world church theme of “Come and Find Rest” with Elder Kathy Deemer presenting the musical selections. Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM. The branch “Loved Ones” group will meet on Wednesday July 2 at the Counseling Center for their monthly meeting beginning at 5 PM.
* The South Shore First Church of the Nazarene, 356 S.M. Roberson Drive, South Shore, KY 41174 will hold their annual Red, White & Blue Sunday Service on July 6, 2014. There will be three (3) big events. The church and Fellowship Hall will be well decorated in patriotic red, white and blue colors. 1. Everyone is encouraged to wear Red, White & blue clothing.. Don’t worry if the clothes don’t look particularly dressy. Just look colorful. Bring cameras and take lots of pictures. 2. At noon, everyone is invited to an indoor old-fashioned picnic. All food is provided. There will be many special side dishes and a big selection of delicious desserts. 3. About 1:30 pm there will be an outside Community Sing featuring several gospel groups and individual performers. Bring your own chairs. The Community Sing will end about 4 pm or until everyone become too tired to continue.. The Community Sing will move indoors if it rains. Sunday School begins at 9:30 am and Morning Worship begins at 10:45 am. A big crowd is expected. Come early for the best seats.
* Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 in Rubyville will be holding service on Sunday July 6 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening service at i7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. with Gerald Penix Pastor teaching the Bible Study class.