• North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, A Youth Rally will be held Saturday, October 27th 6:00 p.m. at the Christian Baptist Campgrounds in Wheelersburg. Pastor Appreciation Day will be Sunday, October 28th. Old Fashion Days will be November 11th. Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Everyone is welcome. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Childrens Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno. The church is currently selling our new cookbook, titled “Feeding the Flock”. The cookbooks are $10.00 each. Call Susie Munion at 876-9778 or Pam Pennington at 456-0429 to order one.
• Wheelersburg Christian Baptist Workers Auxiliary, The Wheelersburg Christian Baptist Workers Auxilary is currently selling homemade applebutter. The sizes are quart, $8.00 each. Pint size, $5.00 each. Sugar-Free is also available in pints, $5.00 each. Call Kay Vance at 606-922-6037 or 740-574-1675 to order.
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, would love for you to come and be a part of their services this week.
Thursday, October 25, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed.
Sunday, October 28, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk and Juice are served in the Fellowship Hall.
Sunday, October 28, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship. Today is Youth Sunday. The Youth will be taking part in the service. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services.
Sunday, October 28, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church - Spy Chase will immerse your children into a world of espionage, intrigue, and fun. In Spy Chase, your children will join “P.R.O.P.H.E.T.,” a secret spy organization. Their mission is to protect the teachings of the Bible from the Villainous League of Bad Guys. Along the way, they’ll learn about some real prophets, like Isaiah, Elijah and others!
Sunday, October 28, 6 p.m. - Sunday Night Live
Tuesday, October 30, 5:30 - 7 p.m. - We will be passing out candy to the trick or treaters. PFNAZ’ers, please have your candy to the church by Sunday.
Wednesday, October 31, 7 p.m. - Prayer/Share
Wednesday, October 31, 7 p.m. - Kool Skool for children, grades K - 5
Wednesday, October 31, 7 p.m. - Ten:10 Student Ministries, grades 6 - 12.
Thursday, November 1, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed.
• Christ Breathren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding services on Sunday October 28 starting with morning services 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening services at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Bob Davis Pastor.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will be led in 10:30 AM Morning Worship on Sunday October 28 by Priest Carol McGraw who will develop the weekly theme of “Lord, Let Me See” and will also bring forth the Morning Message. Emily Gillette will be in charge of music and Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM. The “HOLIDAY BAZAAR” sponsored by the Women’s Department of the Branch will be held on Friday November 2 from 9 AM - 7 PM.
• Clothing give-away at New Boston Nazarene will be Friday, October 26, from 9-11 AM at the church located at 3962 Rhodes Avenue next to the New Boston Community Center. There will be clothing in all sizes for the family. No proof of income is needed. Clothing is free and not to be resold. Please enter the fellowship hall by the side entrance on Center street next to the apartments. Bring your own bags to take clothing home.
• The Evangelical United Church of Christ invites you to join us this Sunday, October 21st for our weekly service. At 10am, Rev.Tom Williams will be presenting a message entitled “Count Your Blessings”. Please join us! 701 5th Street, Portsmouth.
• Plymouth Heights Church of the Nazarene, 25 Arnett Drive (behind Green High School), Franklin Furnace, Ohio will host an Old Farm Fest on Saturday, November 3, 2012, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Activities include a hog roast with beans and cornbread, an auction, inflatables, games, face painting, and a cornhole tournament. There will also be special singing. Proceeds will go to purchase gifts and meals for needy families in the area. The public is cordially invited to attend. For further information call 740-354-9021.
• Friendship United Methodist Women’s Group II will host a Spaghetti Dinner on Thursday, Nov. 1 from 4 - 7 p.m. at the Nile Township Community Center Admission for adults is $6 and children under 12 $4.