The Clay Local Board of Education meet in regular session on Dec. 20 and took action on the following items,
• Approved minutes for the November meeting.
• Accepted the financial reports
• Heard reports from principals Tony Piguet and Todd Warnock.
• Accepted two employees’ resignations for the purpose of retirement.
• Employed Tony Piguet as Elementary Principal for the 2013-2014 school year.
• Employed a teacher for the 2013-14 school year.
• Employed Anthony Mantell as Superintendent for the 2013-14 school year.
• Approved the districts participation in the Legal Assistance Fund.
• Set Feb. 21, 2013 as the date for a Public Input Session regarding the rehire of a retired employee.
• Approved the negotiated agreement with CEA.
• Established Jan. 9 as the date for the 2013 budget hearing and organizational meeting. They are to be held at 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. respectively.
The next regular board meeting is scheduled for Jan. 9. 2013 at 6 p.m. in the board room.