• McDermott Community of Christ will celebrate the fourth Sunday in Lent with a baptismal service and also the blessing of two babies at the 10:45 worship service. The babies to be blessed are Reed Michael Smith, son of Zachary and Megan Smith, and Blake Aldin Montgomery, son of Shane and Becky Montgomery. Pastor Edward Cable will preside over the service, with children’s ministry by Elder Sandy Cable. Ministry of music will be provided by Wanda Joslin and Barbara Koch will be our pianist. Church school will precede the worship service at 9:30am.. Prayer meeting will be held on Wednesday at 3:30pm with Elder Michael Orin presiding and the theme by Linda Orin. A free lunch is served at the church every Thursday from 11am to 1 pm.
• Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding services on Sunday March 10 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening services at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Bob Davis Pastor.
• Lucasville Community of Christ Pastor Carolyn Crabtree, will hold worship services on the 4th Sunday of Lent. The Speaker for this morning will be Priest Tom Greene. He will develop the Theme Lost And Found, with Worship Service beginning at 10:30 a.m. Coffee/Donuts served at 9:30 a.m., and Sunday School begins at 9:45 a.m. Wednesday Night - 6:00 p.m, “Adult Night Out” 3rd Monday of the month. This month March 18, we will meet at “Toro Loco” in Portsmouth.
•Berean Baptist Church of Sciotoville, will hold services on Sunday, March 10 starting with Sunday School 9:30 a.m., Beginner Church (3 to 5 years olds) 10:40 a.m., Kids Church (first thru sixth grade) 10:40 a.m., Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Dr. Fred Mann from Independence, KY will be speaking in both the Morning Worship Service and Evening Service on March 10. Cheryl Porter will be the featured soloist for the morning service and Adam Porter playing an Alto Sax solo in the evening service. Special missionaries of the week are Fernandito and Precious DeGuzman, serving in the Philippines and supported by Berean since August 1, 2005. Scheduled events: Quiz Rally 7:00 p.m. Monday, March 11; Shopping Trip to the Huntington Mall Tuesday, March 12. Rev. Harry Ramsey continues bringing the message in the Wednesday night prayer services.
• The congregation of First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg, will host a game night at 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 15, in the church basement. Bring your favorite games and a snack good. Drinks will be provided.
The quarterly supper meeting of the KYOWVA Evangelistic Association will be a family event on Monday, March 18, at Howell’s Mills Christian Assembly, 99 Christian Camp Road, Ona, W.Va. Dinner will begin at 6 p.m. The program and preaching will start at 7 p.m., and the Gateway Christian Church worship team will lead the praise time. David Stauffer, one of the ministers of Gateway Christian Church, will preach. The offering which will be taken up during the service will go to the church camp. Call (304) 743-4332 with the size of the group who will be attending. Items again are being collected for Operation Christmas Child, and pencil sharpeners, toys, stuffed animals and craft kits are being collected during March. If you have a question contact Sharon Danzer, drop-off location coordinator.
For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, Sunday, March 10, 10 a.m. - Donuts and Coffee in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, March 10, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship with Pastor Brian Daniels bringing the message. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. Today, Pastor Brian begins a new sermon series “Prayer” with topics including, “Getting to Know God through Prayer,” “Why Didn’t God Answer My Prayer?” and “Praying Like Jesus Prayed.”
Sunday, March 10, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church
Sunday, March 10, 12 p.m. - Leadership Dinner/Meeting. We will be having a potluck dinner and meeting for all newly elected leaders (Church Board and Councils). Please bring a main dish/casserole, one side and dessert to share.
* Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will welcome High Priest Craig Martens from the Grove City Community of Christ to their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday March 10. Priest Vick Bloomfield will develop the weekly church theme of “Lost and Found” with Priest Carol McGraw in charge of music for the service. Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM with the theme focusing on the cross. After the service and lunch Craig Martens will finish sessions 3 - 5 of the “Discovering God’s Will” with the saints that started sessions 1 - 2 last month. This is also Subway Sunday where the saints meet at the West Portsmouth Subway around 9:30 AM for breakfast and fellowship.