• The willing workers group of the South Shore First Church of the Nazarene, 356 S.M. Roberson Drive, South Shore, will hold a ‘Latter Day Bake Sale’ fundraiser in the church fellowship hall on Saturday, March 16 at 6 p.m.
• McDermott Community of Christ will have a Chicken Noodle dinner plus bake and rummage sale on Friday, March 22 from 10am to 3 pm at the church. The cost for the dinner will be $7.00. Church school service will be held on Sunday at 9:30am with Nancy Crabtree leading the morning worship. The worship service at 10:45 will be presided over by Priest Wanda Joslin and the speaker will be Deacon Martha Ball. Ministry of music will be provided by Megan Smith, and Rhonda Morkassel will be the pianist. Junior church will be held by Barb Koch. Prayer service will be held Wednesday at 3:30pm. A free lunch is available every Thursday from 11am to one pm.
• Lucasville Community of Christ, Sunday March 17 The speaker for the Morning Worship Service will be Elder Bob Rickman.He will present the monthly
Theme “Accept the Gift.” Coffee/Donuts served at 9:30a.m., Sunday School - 9:45 a.m.,Worship Service 10:30 a.m. Wednesday Night Service - 6:00p.m.The “ADULT NIGHT OUT GROUP” will meet at “Toro Loco” Restaurant” 5:30 p.m. in Portsmouth on Monday, March 18.
• North Moreland Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast is served every Sunday morning 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sunday School 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Pastor Paul Hagen. Super Church Pastor Chris Meenach 10:30 a.m. to noon. Morning Worship Service 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Prayer Meeting Service 7:00 p.m. Children’s Bible Club, Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. Youth Meeting, Thursday, 6:00 p.m. with Ed Zeno.
• The Wheelersburg Christian Baptist Workers Auxilary is currently selling homemade applebutter. The sizes are quart, $5.00 each. Pint size, $4.00 each. Sugar-Free is also available in pints, $5.00 each. Please call Kay Vance at 606-922-6037 or 740-574-1675 to order.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will continue the Lenten journey as Teacher Luanne Day develops the weekly church theme of “Accept the Gift” with Priest Carol McGraw in charge of music at their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday March 17. Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM. Immediately after the Morning Worship Service there will be a Vacation Bible School organizational meeting led by Priest Kim Green.
• Berean Baptist Church, 5526 Winchester Ave. Sciotoville, Sunday Services, Sunday School 9:30 a.m. Beginner Church (3 to 5 years olds) 10:40 a.m.
Kids Church (first thru sixth grade) 10:40 a.m., Evening Worship Service 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday Services, Wednesday Prayer Service 7:00 p.m., King’s Kids Club 6:45 to 8:15 p.m.
Dr. Fred Mann from Independence, KY will be speaking in both the Morning Worship Service and Evening Service on March 17. Linda Niner will be the featured soloist for the morning service and Ann Fankell and Marj O’Brien featuring a duet in the evening service. Special missionaries of the week are Paul and Marla Fields, missionaries serving in Paraguay and supported by Berean since May 2000. Jack Woodring, missionary returning from Vietnam, will be the guest speaker for the Wednesday night prayer service on March 20. Special birthday recognition goes to Myrtle Brown, who celebrated her 90th birthday on March 10, Hazel Keene celebrating her 80th on March 15 and Annie Queen, celebrating her 86th on March 20. Special anniversaries to Dorsey and Barb Rinehart 60 years on March 14; Mike and Sandy Castle 50 years on March 15 who will be receiving a special 50th anniversary plaque on Sunday, March 17; John and Sonja 33 years on March 15; Harry and Joyce Ramsey 57 years on March 25 and Leonard and Bert Niner 65 years on March 27. A special Ladies Spring Luncheon will be held on Saturday, April 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call the church for registration.
• The ladies group Helping Hands of the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg, will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at church annex. Becky will be the hostess and will present the devotion.
Members and guests of COLTS will meet for lunch and their meeting at noon Tuesday, March 19, at Pondersoa, Ohio River Road, Wheelersburg.
For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031 or Randy Wickham, minister, at (740) 574-1913.
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, Sunday, March 17, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk are served in the Fellowship Hall. Sunday, March 17, 10:30 a.m. - Morning Worship with Pastor Brian Daniels bringing the message. Sunday, March 17, 10:30 a.m. - Children’s Church. Tuesday, March 19, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed.