by Wayne Allen
* Lucasville Community of Christ, Thomas Hollow Rd., will begin their services on May 18 with a few minutes of fellowship, followed with Sunday School at 9:45 am.
Worship Service with Elder Carolyn Crabtree presiding, starts at 10:30 a.m. The Theme for Sunday is “Come Holy Spirit” with Elder Lenora Webb bringing the Morning Message. Wednesday Evening Service - 6:00 p.m., “Adult Night Out” - Monday May 19 at 5:30 p.m.
• Bonser Run Christian Baptist Church, Breakfast and Special Singing
Sunday May 19, Breakfast 9 am, Sunday School 10 am. Jenkins Family singing at morning service 11 am.
• Community of Christ 2237 Russell Avenue West Portsmouth will welcome Elder Rhonda Morkassel from their sister branch of McDermott as she shares her ministry at their 10:30 AM Morning Worship Service on Sunday May 19. Elder Gwen Mason will develop the Pentecost/Endowment Day weekly church theme of “Come, Holy Spirit” with Priest Carol McGraw providing music for the service. Children’s Church will also begin at 10:30 AM as Elder Gwen Mason and Lorry Swain lead the youth during the Morning Worship time. The saints will gather on Saturday May 18 at the branch beginning at 1 PM to prepare a taco meal for the local homeless shelter.
• Portsmouth First Church of the Nazarene, Third and Brown Streets, in Portsmouth,
Sunday, May 19, 10 a.m. - Donuts, Coffee, Milk and Juice in the Fellowship Hall.
Sunday, May 19, 10:30 a.m. - Faith Promise Sunday - Rev. Bob and Frances Collins, former missionaries to Brazil will be speaking. An interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing is available at all services. We will also take up our Faith Promise pledges.
Sunday, May 19, immediately following Morning Worship, we will be having a LCM Fundraiser Dinner. Sunday, May 19, 6 p.m. - Sunday Evening Worship Tuesday, May 21, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed.
Wednesday, May 21, 6 p.m. - Prayer/Share
Wednesday, May 21, 6 p.m. - 10:10 Student Ministries for grades 6 - 12.
Wednesday, May 21, 6 p.m. - Kids Ministries
Wednesday, May 21, 7 p.m. - Discipleship 101 Class.
Thursday, May 22, 3 - 5 p.m. - Local Compassionate Ministries hours are observed.
• Christ Brethren Church 5877 St. Rt. 139 will be holding services on Sunday May 19 starting with morning services at 9:30 a.m. Sunday evening services at 7:00 p.m. A Wednesday evening service will be held at 7:00 p.m. On Wednesday evening we will be studying the book of Luke.
* Berean Baptist Church, A “Young Couples Class” was just started this past Sunday, with Pastor Tim Goodwin as the teacher. Wednesday, May 19 the King’s Kids/TRAC Clubs will have their closing program at 7:00 p.m. followed with a fellowship in the Family Center. Rev. Phil Ruark will be the guest speaker in both the morning and evening worship services on Sunday, May 19. Special music will be provided by Beverly Seeley in the morning worship service and Beth Stevens and the Payne Family in the evening worship service. Recognition will be given to Clinton and Janice Roe, celebrating their 7th wedding anniversary on May 19. Missionaries of the week are Matthew and Crystal Herrell, serving in Peru, South America and supported by Berean since July 2010. A Parkinson/Neurology Exercise Class will be held on Thursday, May 16 at 1:30 p.m. at the church with trained staff. A Men’s Fellowship Breakfast will be held on Saturday, June 1 in the family center of the church. Church Camp in the “Wilds” will be June 10 thru June 15. A baby shower will be held at the church for Alicia Porter on Monday, June 17. Crown College singing group will be in the evening service on Sunday, June 30.
• Hoyt Allen of Ironton will be preaching during the 10:30 a.m. and the 6 p.m. worship services Sunday, May 19, at the First Church of Christ, 1224 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg. He will also lead the Praise, Prayer and Bible Study at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 22.
Members and guests of COLTS will meet for lunch and the monthly meeting at noon Tuesday. May 21, at Ponderosa, Ohio River Road, Wheelersburg.
Randy Wickham, minister, will be leading the song service during revival services Sunday, May 19, through Wednesday, May 22, at the Westwood (Ky.) Christian Church. For more information about these events or the church, call the church office at (740) 574-5031.
• Kendall and Debbie Woodard will be performing Sunday, May 19th at 7 p.m. at Temple Baptist Church which is located on the corner of Gallia Street and Waller Ave.
• Pleasant Valley Community of Christ, 723 Sedan Crabtree Rd. Lucasville will hold services on Sunday, May 19 starting at 9:30 a.m. for Sunday School and 10:30 a.m. for morning worship.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices